1 rounded brimless cap fitting the crown of the head
2 the dome of the skull [syn: calvaria]
cap that covers from the forehead to just above the back of the neck
- German: Schädeldecke
A skullcap (or skull cap) can be:
- In anatomy, the top part of the skull (Calvaria (skull))
- A Kippah or Yarmulke, a small cloth skullcap worn by observant Jewish men all the time, or by less observant Jewish men and some Jewish women during religious services.
- Kufi, a skullcap worn by some Muslims.
- Tuque, a knit hat
- Zucchetti, worn by Catholic clergy (including the Pope)
- Sports headgear produced by Under Armour (part of their HeatGear(TM) line), that resembles a swimming cap.
- Plants of the genus Scutellaria, such as S. lateriflora, that is used in herbal medicine
- The autumn skullcap, a poisonous mushroom
- Skullcap, the name of fictional ruins in the Dragonlance settings.